Covid-19 Hygiene Procedures and Measures
Following the advice of the Irish government on the re-opening of salons we have implemented extra hygiene and safety measures for the operations of our salon. We kindly ask you to read about our procedures below. The goal is to prevent any potential spread of the COVID-19 virus and to keep you and our staff members as safe as possible when you come to your appointment.
Where possible we would encourage clients to book online through our website www.mudpiebeauty.ie or through our Salon App ‘MudPie Beauty Cottage’ which can be found in the App Store.
All Services will be by appointment only.
Regrettably at this time we cannot allow children in the salon and/or take any bookings for Princess Manicures/Pedicures.
Patch tests (where needed) are no longer on a walk in basis and must be scheduled in the time frame necessary (eg; 24 hours or 48 hours before your treatment dependent on specific treatments). Patch test appointments can be booked via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01-2964466.
Some salon offers and discounts are not valid at present.
A deposit/credit card is required at time of booking. In order to best accommodate your request we require at least 24 hour notification for any changes or cancellations. Cancellations must be made via phone and cannot be made through email or social media sites. Please leave a voicemail if we are not available to answer the phone. We regret that a lack of notification will result in full billing of your scheduled services. If you have a gift voucher and do not show up for your treatment or cancel 24 hours before your treatment time, you will forfeit the cost of treatment.
If you feel any Covid-19 symptoms, we kindly ask that you do not show up and please cancel your appointment online or call us on 01-2964466. If you arrive at your appointment showing any visible respiratory symptoms of illness, eve while wearing a face mask, for example cough, fever, shortness of breath we have the right to refuse service with no refund.
On arrival at the salon you will be asked a short ‘Covid-19 Client Consent And Health Questionnaire’.
Arrival at our salon
- No guests or children will be allowed in the salon, only the person with the appointment may enter the salon at the appointment time.
- You are required to wear a face mask that covers your mouth and nose to your appointment. You should keep your face mask on for the entirety of your visit. If your booking is for a treatment that will require you to remove your face mask you will still be required to wear a face mask to your appointment and at all other stages in the salon. All face masks must be worn as intended and not partially or removed or adjusted. If you don’t have a face mask you can purchase one in the salon for a small fee.
- We kindly ask you to make sure to arrange your arrival time as close as possible to your appointment time.
- Upon arrival the salon door will be closed and your therapist or a salon coordinator will come out to greet you and take you to your treatment at the time of your appointment. (In the event your therapist is running late with a previous client please remain outside and your therapist will be with you shortly.) If you are waiting outside with other clients please maintain social distancing regulations.
- We will kindly ask you to disinfect your hands with our hand sanitiser on arrival.
- Although we cherish human contact, our staff members will not be shaking your hand nor will they be hugging you upon arrival/departure from our salon.
- We appreciate if you can bring the least amount of personal belongings into the salon. Please keep your belongings with you at all times and where possible, leave your coat and bags in your car.
Waiting & common areas
- Our waiting area will not be in use.
- Complimentary drinks and snacks won’t be available at this time. Please do not bring any outside food or drinks.
- Magazines have been removed from the salon.
- We kindly ask that you don’t touch any products, nail displays, colour swatches etc. Our staff will assist you with a purchase or query.
- In our toilets we have switched our cotton towels with disposable hand towels. We kindly ask you to use an extra paper towel when you touch the door handle to come out of the toilet. We have set an extra rubbish bin outside the toilet so you can dispose of the paper towel.
During your treatment
Apart from upholding all our high standard hygiene procedures, which includes among other steps the disinfection of all equipment after each treatment we have extended hygiene procedures in place.
- Our salon is throughly cleaned, sanitised and disinfected before the start, in-between each client, throughout and at the closing of each day.
- Our staff are required to wear a face mask whilst servicing clients. In addition a face shield may be worn by therapists also.
- In the interest of health and safety, we request that you leave the salon promptly after services are complete. We cannot allow for nail drying or relaxation time following your treatment at present. We request that you bring flip flops to appointments that require drying time so you can leave the salon after your treatment. Disposable flip flops are available in the salon at no extra cost or you can purchase flip flops in the salon at a fee.
- We use paper towels on all treatment beds, which will be disposed of after each guest.
- If cotton towels are used during your treatment they are laundered immediately after use.
- We wash and disinfect all the common touch spots such as arm rests, door handles and the like.
- We won’t be able to take any payments in cash.
- We ask you to use the contactless feature of your credit/debit card or mobile phone. You can now tap your debit or credit card for contactless payments up to €50. If your smartphone allows for the use of digital wallets from Apple Pay and Google Pay you can tap for payments over €50.
- We ask you to pay any tips (at your discretion) to individual staff Revolut accounts. We have staff Revolut account details visible on signs in store. Alternatively, you can add a tip amount to your credit/debit card at the end of your treatment.